Aged and Community Services WA (ACSWA) is committed to respecting the privacy of its customers and adheres to the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
ACSWA will not do anything, or engage in any practice, that contravenes any information protection principles including the following:
• Not collect personal information unless:
o the information is collected for a lawful purpose that is directly related to a function or activity of the ACSWA, and
o the collection of the information is reasonably necessary for that purpose;
• Not collect personal or commercial information by any unlawful means;
ACSWA collects personal information from a number sources including:
• Directly from the individual to whom the information relates
• From companies about their employees and contractors
• From companies about their customers and suppliers
• For marketing purposes, from business associates, potential clients and other third party sources.
Any visitor to the ACSWA website may visit the site without revealing their identity or any personal information.
In accordance with current standards, our servers automatically recognise and record each visitor's source IP address, date and time of visit, and pages viewed, but only discloses to us anonymous, statistical data, which we need to evaluate our website performance and generally improve the website over time.